Easter Torrijas in Malaga
If you are visiting Malaga (Andalusia) during the Holy Week, you have a must on your bucket list! For those who have a sweet tooth, you can not miss tasting the great Torrijas on Easter time. We recommend you the best bakeries at Malaga City Centre to taste them!
What are the "Torrijas"?
Torrija is a slice of bread, soaked in milk, sugar, dipped in egg and fried in olive oil until crispy and golden brown. It could be like a french toast, but it is much sweeter.
When are they cooked? Which month of the year should we eat Torrijas?
You will enjoy them particularly during the "Semana Santa" or Holy week, and fortunately one week before and after.
|Holy Week in Malaga - Malaga Trips|
Why are the Torrijas so good for those with a sweet tooth?
There are several reasons:
- They are homemade
- You can just eat them once a year
- When you eat them, you remember the Holy week of your childhood.
Where can I eat Torrijas? Top 5 Malaga´s Bakeries Recommendation
You will find this typical small cake in every bakery! We recommend you the Top 5 Malaga´s bakeries located in the city centre!
1. LA CANASTAYou can find this bakery here La canasta Malaga City Centre
|Torrijas La Canasta Bakery - Malaga Trip|
2. PATHELINYou can find this bakery here Pathelin Malaga City Centre
|Torrijas Pathelin Bakery - Malaga Trips|
You can find this bakery here Panadería Nuestra Señora del Socorro City Centre, located at the central Market, Atarazanas Market.
3. NUESTRA SEÑORA DEL SOCORRO
4. PASTELERIA APARICIOYou can find this bakery here Pastelería Aparicio City Centre
|Torrijas Aparicio Bakery-Malaga Trips|
5. PANADERIA GRANIER
You can find this bakery here Panadería Granier City Centre
|Torrijas Granier Bakery - Malaga Trips|
Please, let us know if you like them! For us, they are delicious! We love to show you how to live Malaga in a local way, so we offer you the best city tours and day trips from Malaga on www.malagatrips.com!
|Best Tours in Malaga on www.malagatrips.com|
MalagaTrips.com is a local booking service that offers you:
- The best City Tours: Cathedral, Roman Theathre, Segway & Bikes, Hop-on Hop-off sightseeing including museums and more.
- The best Trips from Malaga & Costa del Sol: Caminito del Rey, Granada, Gibraltar, Morocco, Ronda, Seville, Cordoba, Nerja.
- Fun with friends and family with our Group Tours: sailing trip, flamenco lesson, ham tour, beer bike, wine tasting.
- New Experiences: Flamenco show, Arabian baths and massage at Hammam Al Andalus, tapas and paella cooking courses.